Latvia - KULDIGA

One of the Latvia's most alluring provincial towns.

Kuldiga was founded in 1242 by the Livonian Order, who chose the site to capitalise on the river and a land route linking Prussia with the lower Daugava Valley.

In the 16th century, Kuldiga's castle was one of the residences of Duke Gothard Kettler and the town traded with Riga and Jelgava.

 © 2019 by Maria Ligaya

Travel Photography

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Instagram Icon